We, the members of the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg, confirm our Covenant of Right Relations.
As members, we seek to make our church a safe space for everyone.
We acknowledge that we are different from each other. We recognize that we are enriched by our diversity and that our differences will sometimes be a source of conflict. We acknowledge that we are all responsible for our own words and actions.
In this light, we covenant to:
- Nurture a safe and welcoming community.
- Honour each other's inherent worth.
- Assume good will on the part of each other.
- Listen to each other with care.
- Speak to and about each other with respect.
- Be honest with each other.
- Talk directly to each other even when differences exist.
- Ask for help when conflict is too difficult to handle alone.
Created and affirmed by our congregation, April 2013
Summary of the feedback sessions on Worship held in 2016
Prepared by the Shared Ministry Team: Debby Lake, Stephanie Harvey, Kent Klostreich
The Shared Ministry Team (SMT) hosted three small-group feedback sessions in 2016 (two on May 1, one on Sep 18). All sessions were held at the church from 12 noon to 1:30 pm following the Sunday service, and a light lunch was provided to all participants free of charge.
We Welcome Our New Minister, Rev. Meghann Robern
The First Unitarian Univeralist Church of Winnipeg is pleased to announce that Rev. Meghann Robern, has accepted the calling to be our minister by a unanimous vote.
We are excited to start this venture with Meghann and her family in August 2017.