How to Access a Church Webmail Account
If you have an email that ends in @uuwinnipeg.mb.ca, this article applies to you.
Access Webmail from a Browser
To access your webmail using a browser (like Chrome or Internet Explorer), from any computer that has an Internet connection:
- Open a browser.
- In your browser's address bar, type: http://uuwinnipeg.mb.ca/webmail
- Type your password in the Password text box.
- Click the Log in button.
Access Webmail from a Program or Device
To access your webmail through a program on your computer (like Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird) or from a phone or tablet, you need to set up the program/phone/tablet with the details of the account.
To access scripts to set up your mail program ("client") or the details to type into an account you set up by hand (manually):
- Log in to your webmail account using the instructions above.
- Click the drop-down menu that shows your email address and select Configure Mail Client.
- There are links that run scripts and automatically set up some computer-based email programs. If that applies to you, you can click the links.
- There are also instructions to manually create the email account.
If you get an error telling you that your password is incorrect, please send me an email to have it reset.
Please note that if you also have a personal log in for the site, the passwords are probably different for the two logins.
If you have questions about webmail, please send me an email.
Request a Log In ID and Password
If you have never set up a log in ID and password to log in to the members area of the site, please contact our Webmaster, Karin Carlson, and she will create a new account for you. Please note that she can't see what password you choose, she can only assign you a new one. If you ever forget your login ID or your password, please follow the steps below.
Retrieve Your User ID and/or Your Password
Having trouble logging in? Before you email the Webmaster, please note that she can't see what password you choose, the system hides it; she can only assign you a new one. So if you contact her asking "What is my password?" she really can't tell you, because she doesn't know. The best thing to do is to use the built-in password and user ID request links:
- Ask the website to email you your information:
- Type your email in the field provided (the one you used when you requested a password), type the Captcha text, and then click the "Submit" button. Your information will be emailed to you.
Change Your Password
To change your password, follow these steps:
- Log in here. (The log in page is available under the Members menu item.)
- In the main menu, click Members, Edit Your Member Profile.
- Make your desired changes, and then click the Save button (bottom right).