First Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg
Sunday in Religious Exploration
- Youth and Children begin the morning upstairs, in the sanctuary
- Childcare is available for infants and children up to three, with Jackie and a volunteer
- Four and five year olds explore diversity through their sense of taste, with Debby and Karen
- Children ages six and up, along with both youth groups, remain in the sanctuary for Celebration Sunday
Humanism From the Heart
Guest Speaker: Reverend Stefan Jonasson
Humanism is often criticized for being too intellectual, too secular, too negative — and Humanists are sometimes represented as heartless souls who are out to spoil the joy of religious folk. In truth, religious humanism is a heartfelt response to the human experience. Its genuine warmth and feeling come from what Henry M. Simmons called the interests of earthly life – “by keeping close to human life and human hearts.” The Choir will sing.
Service coordinator: Steven Lennon
The first Sunday of every month is Harvest Sunday. Donations for our Winnipeg Harvest food bank may be left in the basket in the foyer, with thanks.
Welcome to the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg!
Welcome to the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg! We are a vibrant, intentionally-inclusive community, and welcome you regardless of gender identity, economic circumstance, sexual orientation, age, race, ethnicity, or national origin. Read our Mission Statement. Check out the FAQ page for answers and links to some frequently-asked questions.
Our Sunday services are held year-round, from 10:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m., followed by refreshments and conversation. Childcare is available throughout the service, as well as a dynamic program of Religious Exploration for children and youth.
Please see our Map and Parking page for a map and for parking information, as well as information about taking Winnipeg Transit (the bus) or biking to church.
The Ron Paley Quartet
Saturday, the first of March, 2014
- Ron Paley - Piano
- Rob Siwik - Drums
- Karl Kohut - Bass
- Joanna Majoko - Vocals
Unitarian Universalist Church 603 Wellington Crescent (at Academy)
- Doors open at 7:30
- Show is from 8 till 10
- Tickets: $20/person, $16/students, low income
- Cabaret Style with cash bar
- For advance tickets call Brian: 204-979-9789
- Click to see/download poster